SOVA – Savjetovalište za studente (Counselling for students) was founded with the aim of improving the quality of studying and enhancing the student standard at the University of Applied Sciences Velika Gorica and the general quality of life of individuals, groups both of local and wider community by strengthening personal competences and resources of students.
The mission of the Counselling for Students is professional, proactive, and adequate responding to problems and needs of the individual students and secondary or indirectly to problems and needs of the wider local community.
The tasks of the Counselling for Students include::
- Provide support and counselling in planning and development of the career, education and professional improvement;
- Education of students directed to the development of academic, professional and non-formal competences with the aim of better competition on the labour market;
- Creation of a database with student profiles for the purpose of searching of employment and offering high-quality candidates to potential employers;
- Connecting students with potential employers;
- Offer of students to potential employers for professional practice, internship, or for the purpose of employment;
- Connecting and cooperation with Alumni Club of University of Applied Sciences Velika Gorica;
- Provide psychosocial support to students in overcoming difficulties placing the emphasis on the difficulties the students have with regard to studying;
- Raise awareness of the students about the importance of mental health and taking care thereof;
- Organizing the service of Internet counselling.
The work of the Counselling for Students includes experts for human resources, pedagogues, psychologists, teachers of the University of Applied Sciences Velika Gorica and mentors per years of study.
Motivated students may participate in the work of the Counselling for Students, in functions and under conditions that shall be determined by the University of Applied Sciences Velika Gorica.