Erasmus+ for (non)teaching staff
Staff mobility means going to higher education institution abroad in order to teach and/or for training.
Teaching period makes it possible for the teaching staff of the University of Applied Sciences Velika Gorica to teach at a partner higher education institution abroad. Mobility can take place in any area of study / academic year. The permanently employed and external associate teachers at VVG can apply for the Tender at VVG. The duration of the activity is from two days to two months (not including travel time). The teaching activity in all cases must include at least eight hours of classes a week.
Training period supports expert upgrading of the teaching and non-teaching staff of VVG in the form of qualification abroad (except for conferences) and the period of observing / searching of employment / training at the partner higher education institution or in another relevant organization abroad. The activity takes from two days to two months (not including travel time).
During the period spent abroad the activities of learning and training can be combined.
How to apply for mobility?
The teaching and non-teaching staff apply for the Tender announced by the VVG on web pages.
For the application for Tender it is necessary to:
- Fill in the application form (published with the text of the Tender),
- Write a motivation letter (describe the general goals of mobility, mobility added value, expected outcome and mobility effect and method of disseminating experiences upon return to VVG),
- Submit completed and signed application form of mobility for the purpose of teaching / professional training certified by the receiving institution (scanned version of the document certified by the receiving institution is accepted) – optional,
- Biography (CV) in Croatian or English (preferably using Europass form),
- Signed approval of the Dean / Head of the study / Head of the department for the absence of the candidate from the workplace during the planned mobility.
Selection of candidates and announcement of results
The selection of candidates will be done by the Committee for the selection of candidates at the University of Applied Sciences Velika Gorica.
The preference for the allocation of funding will have candidates who leave for first mobility as part of the programmes Erasmus and Erasmus+ and those who had not yet received funding as part of the programmes Erasmus and Erasmus+
The applicants will be assessed according to the following criteria:
- Quality of the motivation letter;
- Benefit for the further work at VVG;
- Duration of stay in accordance with the scope of activities;
- Method of dissemination of experiences upon return to the main institution;
- Overall quality of the candidate.
The same candidate can apply only once as part of one cycle.
The results are published on official VVG Internet pages upon completion of every cycle of the Tender. The selected candidates are informed about the results via e-mail. The rejected candidate will be informed in writing via e-mail about the reasons for rejection. If the conditions exist, then a “waiting list” will be formed.
Candidates who give up the implementation of mobility do not belong to the group of rejected Candidates.
The selected candidates will sign with the University of Applied Sciences Velika Gorica an Agreement on Financial Support for the stay at the institution abroad. The agreement shall be signed also by the persons not receiving financial support (zero-grant staff) since all the rules are applied to them as for the staff members receiving Erasmus financial support.
The University of Applied Sciences Velika Gorica will finance the mobility in the duration of a maximum of seven days (including up to two travel days). Mobility can take even longer, if agreed so with the foreign institution (zero grant).
The teaching and non-teaching staff who apply for the Tender, provided that their application is accepted, but do not enter the circle of financially supported staff, can leave on their own expenses (so-called zero-grant staff). The same rules that are applied to the (non)teaching staff receiving Erasmus+ financial support are applied to the zero-grant staff as well.
The amounts of financial support are defined by EC and divided to the support for living costs and the amount of travel costs that are calculated on the basis of distance using Distance calculator.
Teaching and non-teaching staff with disabilities have the right to the increased amount of financial support, depending on the level of disability. A certificate of the authorized institution showing the level of disability should be enclosed with the application.
The staff cannot receive financial support as part of the Erasmus programme if their stay abroad will be at the same time funded by other means originating from the European Union.